What is this?
This is a rainstorm scene showcasing a water shader with procedural rain ripples made in Unity URP with shader graph. The water shader also demonstrates realtime planar reflections, scene depth edge detection, reflection distortion and colour depth in URP.
- random ranged procedural ripple normals
- planar reflections made with Unity’s Boat Attack demo implementation which outputs a render texture for combining with view direction in shader graph.
- volumetric cloud shader
- splash and rain particle systems
- wind effect vertex displacement shader on grass & tree foliage
- scripted sprite sheet animation lightning spawner
- synchronised animated post-processing exposure effects
There’s also some additional post-processing effects applied for white balance, tone mapping, vignette and bloom.
Tutorial from AE Tuts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpvjuOooJc
Low poly forest scene from Gigel – https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/rpg-poly-pack-lite-148410
Grass Assets from Brackeys – https://ole.unity.com/grasssway
Planar Refections inspired by – Unity’s Boat Attack demo
Sky Box from Wello Soft – https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/textures-materials/sky/10-skyboxes-pack-day-night-32236
Audio from kangaroovindaloo – Medium Wind
Audio from lebaston100 – Heavy Rain